Changing Your Password
Change Your WSU Network ID or Friend ID Password
Please visit account.wsu.edu and log in to begin changing your password.
- Once you have started the process, you will have 15 minutes to complete your password reset, then the session will time out.
Recover your WSU Network ID or Friend ID
Please contact Crimson Service Desk at email@example.com or 509-335-4357.
Change Your Tri-Cities Account Password
Please visit tricities.wsu.edu and fill out the form to reset your WSUTC password.
You can also reset your local WSUTC account with the following method:
- Log in to your work computer.
- Once logged in, press Ctrl/Alt/Delete and click Change a Password.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the reset.
Change Your VetMed Account Password
Please contact Veterinary Information Systems (VetMed IT) for assistance resetting your VetMed account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Letter - Number - Special Characters (i.e., !, @, #, $, ?)||At least 1 of each|
|Character Change Requirement for PW Resets||3 characters must change|
|Password Expiration||180 Days|
|Inactivity Deactivation Threshold||90 Days|
|Lockout Policy||5 Consecutive Failures|
|Lockout Duration||5 minutes|
Create a strong password that you can remember.
Avoid names, places, family, pets, and dictionary words.
Passwords like KardashianFan, Cancun, George, and Fido, or passwords that use any word you could look up in a dictionary, are too easy for people to guess.
Hackers can build programs that automatically try known words so use abbreviated phrases and multiple words or fragments of words, instead. Substitute numbers and special characters for letters or entire words to break up patterns—make it easy to remember, but impossible for anyone else to guess.
Connect the first letters of a passphrase:
- 1ibLn+Tib5e = One if by land, two if by sea.
Take a sentence and turn it into a password:
- WOO!TSwontSB = Woohoo! The Seahawks won the Super Bowl!
- PPupmoarT@O@tgs = Please pick up more Toasty O’s at the grocery store.
- W?ow?imp::ohth3r = Where oh where is my pear? Oh, there.
- HD504w,HDh4gf = Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
Favorite line of a song or movie:
- yMw4h4yF50e!! = Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!
Use a Keyboard Pattern:
Consider doubling an easier password:
- B04t5xB04t5! = Boats x Boats
Reverse any of the above.
WSU Password Policy
Passwords will be required to be reset every 180 days, starting at the date of your most recent password change.
Once you have reset your password, you will need to update your account information for wireless internet access and applications on your mobile devices.
Failure to do so may result in your account being locked out due to multiple failed attempts to connect with your account.