The Information Technology Executive Board (ITEB) is responsible for all major IT decision-making for the University (inclusive of all campuses and university assets throughout the state). The ITEB provides guidance as well as sets IT priorities to enable the University to develop an IT strategic plan and balance the information technology goals outlined in the plan with available resources in alignment with the University’s mission, strategic plan and goals. The ITEB solicits and evaluates input from the Information Technology Strategic Advisory Committee (ITSAC) on IT issues and makes decisions and/or makes recommendations to the President, as appropriate.
The ITEB will:
- Ensure alignment of the University’s IT strategy with the University’s mission, strategic plan and goals
- Oversee the development of strategic planning processes for IT that includes performance metrics for IT services
- Provide oversight of the IT governance model, including its implementation and recommended modifications to ensure flexibility and optimize responsiveness to the University’s community
- Ensure the governance model provides a consistent and deliberate discussion and resolution of IT issues
- Approves all major IT policies with system-wide implications
- Ensure decision-making occurs at the appropriate levels regarding IT goals, policies, standards, priorities and investments
- Provide input to the President on IT issues
- Establish priorities for the ITSAC and consider recommendations it brings forward
- Provide direction to prevent, where appropriate, unnecessary redundancy or non-sustainable service implementations and their resulting inefficiencies and risks
- Assure the IT strategy delivers benefits and provides value, as measured against a set of agreed upon performance metrics
- Ensure an understanding and awareness of IT risks and effective, appropriate management of these risks through an effective IT and information security control framework
- Ensure policy exists to establish authority, accountability, and responsibility relating to IT
- Ensure WSU has a sustainable, institutional funding model for existing and anticipated IT infrastructure and services
- Ensure existing and emerging information technologies that enable the pursuit of academic and administrative excellence are broadly available in the University community
- Ensure an efficient and effective investment in and proper management of IT resources, including applications, information, infrastructure and people, consistent with the IT governance model
- Support requests for major IT initiatives, where appropriate, and provide advice for allocating resources in support of such initiatives to ensure that they are optimally responsive to the enduring and emerging needs of the University’s community
- Help identify emerging and strategic opportunities, and develop a plan to capture these opportunities, to enhance the University’s leadership in the utilization of IT in support of its mission, strategic plan and goals
Membership consists of the President’s Cabinet:
- Executive Vice President & Provost
- One chancellor (represents all urban campus chancellors)
- Vice President for Information Technology Services & CIO
- Vice President for Research
- Vice President for Global Campus
- Vice President for Finance & Administration
- Associate Vice President & Chief Budget Officer
- ITSAC Chair
The President will approve the ITEB charter, members, and chair.
Board Meeting Guidelines
The ITEB will meet quarterly, or as scheduled by the ITEB chair. The ITEB will determine modifications to the schedule based on needs related to current activities. The chair or a designee will collect agenda items and circulate agendas in advance of each meeting to ensure informed discussions of scheduled topics. All meetings shall have notes of discussions, recommendations and action items.
The Information Technology Executive Board will fulfill its purpose and objectives through the formation of and strategic guidance provided to an Information Technology Strategic Advisory Committee (ITSAC) and other committees and task forces as it deems necessary.