Telephone Product Information
The WSU Pullman Telephone System now provides some extended features. These features require some initial setup, and need to be requested by the department using https://ServiceRequest.it.wsu.edu/.
Service Request System Instructions
- Single Inbox Messaging – this provides the ability to receive voicemail messages as an Outlook/Exchange email message with the voice message delivered as a .WAV file attachment. The system synchronizes message status, deletions, and the message waiting light between the email and phone systems.
- The Single Inbox Messaging feature is available only to individuals utilizing the central WSU exchange mailbox system.
- Please be aware that any voicemail that is then received and stored within email will be subject to federal and state regulations concerning public records requests, litigation holds and subpoenas
- Reach Me Anywhere (Single Number Reach) – this provides the ability to have calls to the office ring either a cell phone or another number after a few rings. This feature does not require a smart phone. Calls can be switched back and forth between a cell phone and the office phone.
- Point to Point Video Calling – The WSU Pullman Unified Communication system now supports Point to Point Video Phone service. This requires a video-capable Cisco IP phone with camera, or a Cisco Jabber Softphone client at both ends of the call, When you call from one supported phone to another video phone on campus, a high quality point to point video call opens and you will be able to see and talk to the other party.
- Voicemail and Phone Web Page Access – the above features also include access to end-user web pages for voicemail and phones. Access to these web pages can also be requested even if the above features are not enabled.