Zoom video conferencing services
Zoom is now available, to get access to your account
sign in here
Zoom is a video conferencing service that allows you to conduct video meeting using any device with an internet connection.
- Focus on your meeting – click record to leave the note taking to Zoom’s auto-generated, searchable transcripts
- Share and play videos with full audio and video transmit without uploading the content
- Look meeting-ready with Virtual Backgrounds and Touch Up My Appearance
All current students, staff, and faculty will have access to Zoom pro licenses on 7/9/19. No additional Zoom access is available prior to that date. WSU had a limited number of licenses to offer prior to the new system-wide license that will be in place on July 9, and the limited number of licenses have been assigned out. Our apologies for any inconvenience. Zoom is a terrific resource, and we are excited to share this with the entire WSU community.
Use Zoom for any meeting you would normally have could potentially be a Zoom meeting (adhoc or scheduled)
- audio/phone meeting
- audio with screen sharing meeting
- audio and video meeting
Where can I get Zoom?
The Zoom app can be downloaded when available in July.
How do I use Zoom?
Does Zoom work in my video conference capable room?
Yes, however you will still need to book your physical room space through 25Live or using your normal local room reservation process. Also, make sure to grab the room connection information from your Zoom invite. Contact your local IT support if you need assistance.
What is happening to the old video conferencing meetings/services (‘AMS’, ‘Unite’, ‘Bridging’)
The old video conferencing infrastructure is being retired. Polycom infrastructure sunsets when Zoom goes live, and the Unite bridge will serve in emergencies through the end of 2019.
Do I still need to use the ‘AMS request form’ or 25live to request Zoom meetings?
- Individuals scheduling their own meetings without needing a physical room space can do so using the Zoom app, Outlook plugin, or web.
- The AMS Request Form will no longer be used. It has not been used since April.
- If you need to reserve a video conferencing room space, you will need to reserve the physical room using 25live. Please schedule as a 25live Meeting – videoconference event type. Per instructions on the scheduling a 25L Meeting videoconference in 25 live.
Who/What team do I go to for Zoom?
For technical support, please contact your local IT department.
If you are technical support needing assistance, please contact the WSU Zoom team at email@example.com.
Recorded training sessions will be available
online following the June 25 sessions. Check back if they are not listed here yet.