Zoom video conferencing services
In response to COVID-19 concerns: Updated resources for both students and teachers as they leverage Zoom in a virtual learning environment
Since Monday, March 16th, the Zoom Professional Training team has been hosting
Zoom Meetings for Education Webinar focusing on the following topics:
- How to download the Zoom applications and join a Zoom meeting
- How to schedule a meeting and send out invitations
- Overview of In-meeting controls and Virtual Classroom tools
- Using Zoom in Your Blackboard Course Space
Users also have access to the following videos and documents to help WSU students and teachers get up and running with Zoom:
- Zoom 101: Sign Up & Download
- Zoom 101 : In Meeting Controls (Basic)
- Comprehensive Guide to Educating Through Zoom
- Tips and Tricks for Teachers Educating on Zoom
Along with these resources, the WSU Zoom Services Team is working to rapidly address all tickets coming into the WSU Zoom service desk (email@example.com).
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom is now available, to get access to your account
sign in here
Zoom is a video conferencing service that allows you to conduct video meeting using any device with an internet connection.
- Focus on your meeting – click record to leave the note taking to Zoom’s auto-generated, searchable transcripts
- Share and play videos with full audio and video transmit without uploading the content
- Look meeting-ready with Virtual Backgrounds and Touch Up My Appearance
All current students, staff, and faculty now have access to Zoom pro licenses. No additional Zoom access is available prior to that date. WSU had a limited number of licenses to offer prior to the new system-wide license that was put in place on July 9, and the limited number of licenses have been assigned out. Our apologies for any inconvenience. Zoom is a terrific resource, and we are excited to share this with the entire WSU community.
Use Zoom for any meeting you would normally have could potentially be a Zoom meeting (adhoc or scheduled)
- Audio/phone meeting from an app or desktop client
- Audio with screen sharing meeting
- Audio and video meeting
How do I use Zoom?
Does Zoom work in my video conference capable room?
Yes, however you will still need to book your physical room space through 25Live or using your normal local room reservation process. Also, make sure to grab the room connection information from your Zoom invite. Contact your local IT support if you need assistance.
Do I still need to use the ‘AMS request form’ or 25live to request Zoom meetings?
- Individuals scheduling their own meetings without needing a physical room space can do so using the Zoom app, Outlook plugin, or web.
- The AMS Request Form will no longer be used. It has not been used since April.
- If you need to reserve a video conferencing room space, you will need to reserve the physical room using 25live. Please schedule as a 25live Meeting – videoconference event type. Per instructions on the scheduling a 25L Meeting videoconference in 25 live.
Need a Webinar or Large Meeting license?
WSU offers short-term Zoom webinar and Large Meeting licensing for events and usage on a first come first serve basis. Permanent licensing can also be purchased and added to your WSU account. For more information, please fill out the form.
Who/What team do I go to for Zoom?
For technical support, please contact your local IT department.
If you are technical support needing assistance, please contact the WSU Zoom team at email@example.com.
Information Technology Services
- A Zoom update was implemented on
If you are not able to access Zoom events, please follow these steps.
- ZoomBombing Response
- Covid-19 Questions?
- Zoom Tips (PDF)
Send General Requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Settings a Passcode Code to password protect your meeting
- Setting screen sharing to Host Only
- A Zoom or WSU account is required in order to join WSU hosted meetings.