You must be off campus to use these Cisco AnyConnect Essentials client instructions.
A manual installation option is available if needed.
- Make sure your system satisfies the SSL VPN operating system and browser requirements
- Complete the Mandatory one time self-registration
- Connect to the WSU SSL VPN Service. (https://sslvpn.wsu.edu)
- Enter your AD Username (WSU Network ID) and password and click LOGIN.
- Allow the ActiveX Control add-on to run by Clicking as directed:
- Click “Run” for the JavaSun download.
- If you receive a User Account Control message, click “Yes”.
- If you receive the following VPN Client Downloader window, add https://sslvpn.wsu.edu to the Trusted Sites Zone in Internet Explorer.
- In the IE Browser, select Tools->Internet Options->Security->Trusted sites->sites->Add
- “Close" the Trusted sites window
- Click “OK” on the Internet Options window to continue.
- Click “OK” to the VPN Client Downloader.
- If the Client does not continue with the setup, simply refresh the page or Enable ActiveX and add https://sslvpn.wsu.edu to the Trusted Sites Zone in the browser then start over.
- When you get the “Connection Established” window, and WebLaunch box “Connected is checked, you are now successfully connected to the WSU Network via an SSL connection.
Please read page:
For Internet Explorer:
Internet Explorer Only:
- In Internet Explorer it will look like:
- Select sslvpn.wsu.edu in the ‘Connect to:‘ dialog box.
- The SSLVPN connection should be Established. The AnyConnect Icon will appear.
- Right Click the AnyConnect Icon, whether in the Quick Start menu or the tray in the lower right corner and select “Open”. Enter your UserID and Password and the connection will be re-Established.