Skype for Business
WSU Information Technology Services (ITS) offers support
of several functions of SfB, such as:
- Presence information
- Instant messaging (IM)
- Skype for Business voice calls
- Video calls
- Screen sharing
- White boarding
- File transfer
- Persistent chat
- PowerPoint presentation
- Document sharing
SfB functions ITS currently does not support:
- Telephone calls: SfB is not a resource for making and receiving standard telephone calls.
- Software Support: Software support is limited to WSU ensuring the user has the ability to use our service and associated functionality from a supported SfB software application on WSU’s equipment and network.
- Student Service: ITS does not currently offer a Skype for Business service for students. ITS has identified Skype for Business Online, as part of Office 365, as a future service offering for students.
While SfB software requires users to schedule their own meetings, your local IT support is glad to assist with any SfB needs. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-4357.
Service Requests for Skype for Business
- Request a WSU Departmental Mailbox to be enabled for Skype for Business by contacting Crimson Service Desk with the Departmental Mailbox you would like enabled.
- Request a PIN for management of Meetings via your touch-tone phone by contacting Crimson Service Desk with your request and providing your desk phone number at WSU
Microsoft’s website provides extensive online resources for Skype for Business. When using Skype for Business, click the Settings icon, click, Help, and then click Skype for Business Help.
The Microsoft Skype for Business help topics catalog
provides comprehensive help including, but not limited to:
- Add a contact in Skype for Business
- Change your presence status in Skype for Business
- Send an instant message
- Make or receive a video call
- Set up a Skype for Business Meeting
Or access several useful guides to help you get started: Reference guides about Skype for Business.