eXplorance Blue FAQs
Each college sets the dates for its course evaluations. In a regular 15-week course, evaluations generally open in week 14 and close the Friday of finals week. Students receive an email notification when their course evaluations open.
Students can access their course evaluations using one of the following three methods:
- Popup – Upon signing in, a popup in Canvas directs students to their course evaluations.
- Course Navigation – Use the Course Evaluations option in the course navigation (if the instructor enables this option).
- Account – Click the Account setting on the left menu and select the Course Evaluations option.
- myWSU – Click the Manage Classes tile and select the Course Evaluations option on the left menu.
- Blue – Access course evaluations directly through Blue.
Yes. In-class delivery works well with an adaptive display for any laptop or mobile device. No app is needed.
Yes. Instructors can sign in to myWSU to review response rates while the evaluation is open. Final response rates are included in the Instructor Quick Report.
Contact your college’s course evaluation coordinator to confirm if this option is available in your college. The list of students who have completed the evaluation will be available in your Blue Subject Management task. Instructions on accessing the Blue Subject Management task for your course are available in this WSU Knowledge Base article.
All Individual Instructor Reports – including all sessions within the semester – are published the following Friday after the last day of the Spring and Fall semesters (final examination end date). The date of publication is sometimes moved to accommodate holiday scheduling but is never earlier than two days after the final grade submission end date.
For example, if the Fall final examination end date is Friday, Dec. 16, then the Individual Instructor Reports would be published on the following Friday, Dec. 23.
Find more information on when course evaluation reports become available to faculty in this WSU Knowledge Base article .