The WSU Pullman Telephone System now provides some extended features. These features require some initial setup, and need to be requested by the department using https://ServiceRequest.it.wsu.edu/.
Service Request System Instructions
- Single Inbox Messaging – this provides the ability to receive voicemail messages as an Outlook/Exchange email message with the voice message delivered as a .WAV file attachment. The system synchronizes message status, deletions, and the message waiting light between the email and phone systems.
- The Single Inbox Messaging feature is available only to individuals utilizing the central WSU exchange mailbox system.
- Please be aware that any voicemail that is then received and stored within email will be subject to federal and state regulations concerning public records requests, litigation holds and subpoenas
- Reach Me Anywhere (Single Number Reach) – this provides the ability to have calls to the office ring either a cell phone or another number after a few rings. This feature does not require a smart phone. Calls can be switched back and forth between a cell phone and the office phone.
- Point to Point Video Calling – The WSU Pullman Unified Communication system now supports Point to Point Video Phone service. This requires a video-capable Cisco IP phone with camera, or a Cisco Jabber Softphone client at both ends of the call, When you call from one supported phone to another video phone on campus, a high quality point to point video call opens and you will be able to see and talk to the other party.
- Voicemail and Phone Web Page Access – the above features also include access to end-user web pages for voicemail and phones. Access to these web pages can also be requested even if the above features are not enabled.
Telephone Equipment Options and Features
Phone Model Overview
The most common phone that we expect to bring to campus: Model 6921 Display, Speakerphone, Two Lines
Cisco Phone Facts (PDF’s)
User Guides and Manuals
Quick Reference Cards
- 7800 Series Quick Reference 7800 SeriesQuickRef.pdf
- 7800 Series Quick Start 7800 SeriesQuickStart.pdf
- 8900 Series Quick Start 8900 SeriesQuickStart.pdf
- 8831 Quick Start 8831 QuickStart.pdf
- 6900 Series Quick Reference 6900 SeriesQuickRef.pdf
- 6901 Quick Start 6901 QuickStart.pdf
- 6961 Quick Start 6961 Quick Start.pdf
- 7900 Admin Assistant Quick Start
- 7900 Series Quick Reference 7900 SeriesQuickRef.pdf
- 8900-9900 Accessories 8900-9900Accessories.pdf
- 8900-9900 Admin Assistant Quick Start AdminAssistQuickStart.pdf
- 8900-9900 Quick Start 8900-9900QuickStart.pdf
- 8900-9900 Quick Ref 8900-9900 QuickRef.pdf
- 9900 Executive Quick Start 9900 ExecutiveQuickStart.pdf
Location of TDD/TYY Devices
|509-335-1566||Administration Annex 205 – DRC Available to receive incoming calls|
|509-335-3417||Administration Annex 206 – DRC Available to receive incoming calls|
|509-333-9816||Animal Disease Biotechnology Facility – First Floor Lobby|
|509-333-9908||Beasley Coliseum – By Room 110 Main Ticket Office|
|509-333-9902||Bohler Addition – Room B70 Hallway|
|509-333-9889||Bryan Hall – Room 100|
|509-333-9892||Compton Union – Hallway 100 Bank of Phones|
|509-333-9926||Engineering Teaching and Research Lab – Room 300LL Hallway|
|509-333-9846||French Administration – North Side First Floor|
|509-333-9890||Heald Hall – Room 100|
|509-333-9830||Holland Addition – Hallway 100W 1st Floor Main Elevator Lobby|
|509-333-9827||Holland Addition – Hallway 10W Ground Level Main Elevator Lobby|
|509-333-9834||Honors Hall – Ground Floor Phone Bank|
|509-334-9874||Martin Stadium South Side – IT/Martin Academic Center|
|509-333-9929||SCUE – 3rd Floor Phone Bank|
|509-333-9963||Student Recreation Center – 1st Floor Lobby|
|509-333-9916||Thompson Hall – 1st Floor Hall|
|509-333-9887||Todd Hall Addition – Room 360V Vestibule|
|509-333-9861||Vet Teaching Hospital – Room 1000B|
|509-333-9886||Webster Physical Science – Room 100 by Elevator|