VPN Users Required to MFA Beginning in Sept.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is being added to the following campus virtual private networks (VPN) on the dates shown below.
- Pullman (Portal: vpn.wsu.edu) – Tues., Sept. 14, 8p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Spokane (Portal:sslvpn.spokane.wsu.edu) Wed., Sept. 15, 8p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Everett (Portal: vpn.everett.wsu.edu) – Thurs., Sept. 16, 8p.m. to 10 p.m.
During each of the two hour implementation windows, users at those locations will experience interruption to VPN access.
- All affected groups: WSU Pullman, WSU Spokane, WSU Everett
- All processes affected: Accessing any data that requires VPN log-in
How to Access VPN Following MFA Implementation
Once MFA is in place, a WSU-branded log-in page will appear on your screen. After entering WSU network ID and password, users will be prompted to authenticate via multi-factor (Okta), very similar to log-in for myWSU and other university resources.