A new, adaptive myWSU homepage, designed by Information Technology Services, is slated to launch June 1. The upcoming site will provide new custom features for student, faculty and staff universitywide.
The student site offers streamlined navigation to connect students faster to desired information. Upon login, the student home screen will show all Student Center notifications, including unread emails, holds, to-do items and any charges due.
Students also will have access to the following home screen tiles:
- Academic Advising – listing advisor contact information, advisor notes, academic progress reports and application for graduation.
- Academic Records – includes grade history, GPA and transcript request forms.
- Financial Account – make payments, review charges or set up direct deposit.
- Financial Aid – review financial aid awards.
- Manage Classes – search for classes, build schedules, review the current class list and weekly schedule.
- Profile – personal and contact information listed for review and update.
- Tasks – provides a list of tasks on hold or to-do list items.
- My Comm Center – links to official WSU emails or letters sent through myWSU.
For faculty, the myWSU homepage is changing, but everything else will remain the same, including your favorites links.
One new feature is the Faculty Center tile, which will serve as a shortcut to view your schedule, class rosters and grade rosters.
Since no content is changing besides the look and feel of the landing page, you can always return to your traditional navigation. Simply click on the main menu tile.
For staff, the myWSU homepage is changing, but there still will be access to all the same information, and your favorites and short cuts will remain the same.
However, access will be easier. When you log in, you can skip the homepage by clicking on the main menu tile. Users also will be able to personalize their home pages by rearranging tiles and selecting information they want to see.
How-to videos will follow shortly.